Cardiopulmonary and Diagnostic Science
The Department of Cardiopulmonary & Diagnostic Sciences encompasses a combination of therapy and imaging science programs. No matter which of field you choose, jobs are plentiful -- as are the rewards.
We invite you to inquire about our programs in the Department of Cardiopulmonary & Diagnostic Sciences. Each of our professional programs will lead you to an exciting and rewarding career!
- Students specializing in Nuclear Medicine help to diagnose and, in some situations, treat patients afflicted with a wide variety of conditions including cancer and heart disease.
- Radiologic Technologists use sophisticated imaging equipment - x-ray, MRI, CT, DEXA - for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Respiratory Therapists work in a variety of settings including emergency rooms, high-risk deliveries, and provide home care for individuals with chronic lung problems.
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound is used to image the body's internal organs and structures, demonstrating pathological processes and some of their effects on normal function.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientists (Medical Technologists) identify disease through body fluids, tissues, and cells.