- Postdoctoral Fellowship - Indiana University, School of Medicine
- PhD - University of Missouri, Developmental Psychology
- MA - San Diego State University, Speech Pathology & Audiology
- BA - San Diego State University, Speech Pathology & Audiology
- Language and Development in Infancy
- American Phonetics
- Disorders of Phonology and Articulation
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Infant language and cognitive development
- Attention and exploration in infants with cochlear implants
- Parent-infant interactions
- Fagan, M. K. (in press). Frequency of vocalization before and after cochlear implantation: Dynamic effect of auditory feedback on infant behavior. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
- Fagan, M. K. (in press). Cochlear implantation at 12 months: Benefits and limitations for vocabulary development. Cochlear Implants International.
- Fagan, M. K. (2011). Change in measures of infant behavior within six months of cochlear implantation. Cochlear Implants International, 12, S96-S97.
- Fagan, M. K. & Pisoni, D. B. (2010). Hearing experience and receptive vocabulary development in deaf children with cochlear implants. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 15, 149-161.
- Fagan, M. K. & Pisoni, D. B. (2009). Perspectives on multisensory experience and cognitive development in infants with cochlear implants. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 50, 457-462.
- Fagan, M. K. (2009). Mean length of utterance before words and grammar: Longitudinal trends and developmental implications of infant vocalizations. Journal of Child Language, 36, 495-527.
- Fagan, M. K. & Montgomery, T. R. (2009). Managing referrals for children with receptive language delay. Clinical Pediatrics, 48, 72-80.
- Fagan, M. K. (2008). Toddler’s persistence when communication fails: Response motivation and goal substitution. First Language, 28, 55-69.
- Horn, D. L., Fagan, M. K., Dillon, C. M., Pisoni, D. B. & Miyamoto, R. T. (2007). Visual-motor integration skills of pre-lingually deaf children: Implications for pediatric cochlear implantation. The Laryngoscope, 117, 2017-2025.
- Fagan, M. K., & Iverson, J. M. (2007). The influence of mouthing on infant vocalization. Infancy, 11, 191-202.
- Fagan, M. K., Pisoni, D. B., Horn, D. L., & Dillon, C. M. (2007). Neuropsychological correlates of vocabulary, reading, and working memory in deaf children with cochlear implants. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 12, 461-471.
- Iverson, J. M., & Fagan, M. K. (2004). Infant vocal-motor coordination: Precursor to the gesture- speech system? Child Development, 75, 1053-1066.